St. Louis civic, sports and business leaders including Maryville University have joined to rally the St. Louis community in a region-wide expression of thanks and support for the frontline heroes in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
The “Rise Up For Heroes
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
“It is an honor to partner with so many St. Louis area organizations to say thanks to the health care workers in our community,” said President Mark Lombardi, PhD. “So many of these incredibly brave people are Maryville graduates and current graduate students who are working night and day under extremely difficult conditions to diagnose, treat and heal thousands across this region and nation. They are the first responders of this crisis, and our heroes.”
Louie and Fredbird, respectively representing the St. Louis Blues and St. Louis Cardinals, will kick off the program by leading a small caravan over several nights to inspire and showcase St. Louis’ collective gratitude for those in the center of the battle.
The pop-up caravan will visit a few neighborhoods each night and complete its short route by ending at one of the member hospitals established of the regional COVID-19 task force. The launch events are being carefully planned to follow all CDC guidelines and represent a partnership with key governmental agencies.
The program asks the community to join in the following ways:
- Rise up each night at 7 p.m. throughout the St. Louis region — in Missouri and Illinois alike — by coming outside to express your gratitude to the frontline heroes of the COVID-19 battle.
- Contribute to the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund, which is serving a wide group of local agencies stepping up to support those with the greatest needs. Links will be on RiseUpForHeroes.org
- Sign up to donate blood if you are eligible to help with the dramatic shortages the American Red Cross is experiencing. Visit RedCrossBlood.org.
- Show other expressions of support by visiting RiseUpForHeroes.com, posting videos and photos, developing signs, displaying blue lights, adding bears in your windows or any other form of thanks to magnify our appreciation.
- Follow the guidelines of the local health officials to help fight the spread of COVID-19.
For more information, visit RiseUpForHeroes.org.